The following actions are prohibited when using this service:
- Any actions that infringe or may infringe on the copyright, property rights, privacy or other rights of other Customers, users, or the Society.
- In addition to the above, actions that cause or may cause disadvantage or damage to other users, third parties, or the Society.
- Actions that slander other users, third parties, or the Society.
- Actions that violate or may violate public order and morals, or actions that provide information to other users or third parties that is contrary to public order and morals.
- Criminal actions or actions that lead to, or may lead to, criminal actions.
- Electoral campaigning or similar actions, regardless of whether or not they take place during an election period.
- Activities related to sex, religion, or politics.
- Actions for commercial purposes or preparations for actions for commercial purposes, either through or in connection with the service, without the approval of the Society.
- Use or provision of harmful programs, such as computer viruses, either through or in connection with the service.
- Actions that violate or may violate laws or regulations.
- Other actions that the Society deems inappropriate.
1. Site Conditions of Use
Acceptance of Terms
The following are the terms of the agreement between members of the Public Relations Society of Japan (hereinafter, “the Society”) and general users (hereinafter, members of the Society and general users referred to as “Customers” or “the Customer”). By accessing, viewing and/or using this website (hereinafter, “the Site”), the Customer agrees that they have read and understood, and consent to, these terms. If the Customer does not consent to these terms, they may not use the Site. The materials provided on this site are protected by law (the Japanese Copyright Act). The Site is managed and operated by the Society from its base of operations in Japan. The Society makes no representations that the materials on the Site are suitable or useful outside of Japan.
The rights related to the Site and the materials contained therein, and the use of the Site and the materials contained therein shall be governed by the laws of Japan.
Restrictions on Use
The copyright of the materials provided on the Site is owned by the Society or the original authors of the materials. Photocopying, distributing, re-publishing, downloading, displaying, posting or forwarding any materials by any means in any format including (but not limited to) electronically, mechanically, through photocopying, through recording, or through any other method is not permitted without the prior written consent of the Society or the copyright owner, except where stated in these terms. Displaying, copying, distributing and downloading materials from the Site is permitted only for personal, non-commercial use. Customers must not modify the materials and must maintain all notices regarding the attribution of copyrights and other proprietary rights in the materials. These permissions will automatically terminate if the Customer violates these terms or these conditions. Upon termination of these permissions, the Customer must immediately destroy all downloaded or printed materials. Customers may not mirror the materials on the Site to another server without the permission of the Society. Unauthorized use of the materials on this site may violate copyright law, trademark law, privacy and publicity laws, or communications regulations and laws.
In addition, all materials displayed on the Site can only be displayed using the below Internet browsers designated by the Company (only the official version of the Internet browser created by the copyright holder for the Internet browser, with no modifications made. Hereinafter, “the Designated Browsers”.), and only under certain configuration criteria. The Society is not responsible for the content of materials displayed, including the suitability of how the materials are displayed, when accessed using Internet browsers other than the Designated Browsers and designated configuration criteria. Accordingly, the Company reserves the authority to reject any quotations or requests made using an Internet browser other than the Designated Browsers and designated configuration criteria.
Google Chrome 76 or higher, Safari 12 or higher, Microsoft Edge 79 or higher
Designated Configuration Criteria
The trademarks, service marks, and logos used and displayed on the Site (hereinafter, “the Trademarks, etc.”) are registered or unregistered trademarks of the Society and other entities. As well as all the materials on the Site, it is not acceptable to interpret the trademarks, etc. displayed on the Site as having been licensed, or the rights of use thereof having been granted, without the prior written permission of the trademark owner, whether implied, based on estoppel, or by any other legal theory. The Society will actively exercise its intellectual property rights to the maximum extent permitted by law. The name or logo of the Public Relations Society of Japan may not be used for any means, including advertising for the distribution of materials on this site, without prior written permission. The Society prohibits the use of the Society’s logo as a hotlink to the Society’s site without prior written approval of the hotlink by the Society.
The materials on the Site are provided as-is without express or implied guarantee of any kind. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Society makes no express or implied guarantees of any kind, including (but not limited to) those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of any rights. The Society makes no guarantees or representations concerning the use, validity, accuracy, or reliability of the materials on the Site or linked to from the Site, nor for any outcomes of said use, nor for any other matters.
Limitation of Liability
In all cases, including (but not limited to) negligence, the Society shall have no liability for direct, indirect, special, contingent, or consequential damages caused by (but not necessarily limited to) loss of data or loss of profit arising from the use of, or inability to use, the materials on the Site. If the Customer’s use of the materials on the Site results in their device or data requiring maintenance, repair or modification, the Customer shall bear all costs themselves.
Revising Conditions of Use
Cookies are text data that can be sent from a website to the Customer’s browser, which are stored on their computer’s hard drive if the Customer accepts them.
If the Customer sets their browser to notify them when a cookie is sent, they will be able to choose whether or not to receive cookies when they are issued from prsj.or.jp. Cookies inform the Society when Customers return to our website. They do not provide the Society with Customer email addresses or other personal information. To provide personal information, the Customer must register via separate means at their own discretion.
prsj.or.jp issues traffic log cookies that help us understand how each page is being used. This helps us improve the overall site by improving the content of the pages according to the needs of Customers, and by deleting and revising pages that are not used.
4. Collecting Data for Number of Page Views
Links to the Site
Customers may link to the Site from other websites, but they must comply with the guidelines for linking to our website, as well as all applicable laws and regulations.
Guidelines for Linking to the Society Website
- Sites that attempt to link to the Society’s website may link to posts on the Society’s website, but may not copy them.
- It is not permissible to place a browser or border environment around any of our posts.
- It is not permissible to intimate that the Society recommends another site or its business, products, services, etc.
- It is not permissible to misrepresent a relationship with the Society.
- It is not permissible to provide incorrect information about the Society’s business or related services.
- The Society logo may not be used without the permission of the Society.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Links to third-party websites on this site are provided for convenience only. Using these links will take you away from the Site. The Society does not check these third-party sites or have any control over such sites and their content, and we are not responsible for them. You are solely responsible when accessing third-party websites linked from this Site.